In October 2023, Microsoft launched its new credential, the Microsoft Applied Skills.
Here is the current list of credentials and those coming soon:
- Azure – AI
- Build a natural language processing solution with Azure AI Language
- Build an Azure AI Vision solution
- Create an intelligent document processing solution with Azure AI Document Intelligence
- Develop generative AI with Azure OpenAI Service (coming soon)
- Train and deploy a machine learning model with Azure Machine Learning (coming soon)
- Configure SIEM security operations using Microsoft Sentinel
- Configure secure access to your workloads using Azure networking
- Deploy and configure Azure Monitor
- Deploy containers by using Azure Kubernetes Service
- Secure Azure services and workloads with Microsoft Defender for Cloud regulatory compliance controls
- Secure storage for Azure Files and Azure Blob Storage
- Deploy cloud-native apps using Azure Container Apps (coming soon)
- Scenarios to implement data lakehouses, data warehouses, and real-time analytics solutions with Microsoft Fabric (coming soon)
- Power Platform
- Create and manage canvas apps with Power Apps
- Create and manage automated processes by using Power Automate
- Build apps with Teams (coming soon)
- Create and manage model-driven apps with Power Apps and Dataverse (coming soon)
- Develop an ASP.NET Core web app that consumes an API
- SQL Server
- Migrate SQL Server workloads to Azure SQL Database
How can I learn the skills needed for the Microsoft Applied Skills?
I Do Data has courses for several of the Microsoft Applied Skills. Click the hyperlinks above for details.
For other exams, if you look at the details of the those Applied Skills, you will see Microsoft Learn on that webpage.
Where can I find details of these Microsoft Applied Skills?
What is the Microsoft Applied Skills assessment like?
- It consists of a lab in a virtual environment.
- You will have 2 hours to complete the assessment. This includes time to load the relevant technology.
- Step 1 – Review the instructions.
- Step 2 – Access the email messages which gives you the instructions.
- Step 3 contains your username and password to log into the technology (such as Azure). However, you can select your username, and it will automatically be added.
- If you look internet connection, then you can reconnect within 15 minutes.
When will I receive my Microsoft Applied Skills assessment results?
It should take just a few minutes.
What happens if I fail my Microsoft Applied Skills assessment?
You can retake it after 72 hours.