This course is the foundation for the Oracle Database SQL 1Z0-071 certification. It covers the SELECT statement in detail, with additional requirements for controlling user access. It is divided into six sessions, each of which should take a morning or afternoon to complete.
On completion, you will know what how to:
- Manipulate numbers, strings, and dates.
- Create database and tables.
- Insert data and create analyses.
- And have an appreciation of how they can all be used in Oracle SQL.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Little or no prior knowledge of Oracle SQL databases is required.
The course is also suitable for those who want an SQL refresher.
THE SELECT STATEMENT.
DATA TYPES AND FUNCTIONS
- Install Oracle Express Edition and Oracle SQL Developer.
- The 6 principal clauses of the SELECT statement:
- GROUP BY
- ORDER BY
- Create tables.
- String, date and number data types and functions.
THE SELECT STATEMENT IN DETAIL
- Revisit the SELECT statement in more detail.
- JOIN tables.
DATA, TRANSACTIONS, AND CONSTRAINTS
- Look for missing data.
- Delete and update data.
- Implicit and explicit transactions.
- Constraints, including primary and foreign keys.
- Combining tables.
- Analytical functions.
- The WITH clause.
- TIME ZONE.
- Users and roles.
“Phillip is a great instructor. He works through examples as a beginner might discovering the errors and then debugging them live. The examples between lessons are on point and helped me to remember the topic at hand. Great instructor and recommended course for anyone working with Oracle SQL Developer.” Amanda
“Even people without prior exposure to SQL would be able to learn. Thank you for organizing contents in small understandable bites.” Amithvishal
“Excellent course!! Helped me to train and practice myself. Thank you!!” Mirudhula
READY TO START?